We believe effective and well planned advocacy can provide government officials with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions about all the benefits of Public Private Partnership-economic development, life cycle cost savings, risk transfer and accelerated project delivery. We intend to work towards the following:
- Clear and reliable project pipeline
- Achieving a consistent approach for both civil and social projects
- Early awareness of legislative & administrative issues for members
- Clarity of procurement processes
The AIAI’s early initiatives include the following:
- New Legislation. Shape and urge passage of new P3 Legislation at the State level for both transportation and social infrastructure projects.
- Facilitative Implementation. Assist and guide agencies and stakeholders on the implementation of existing P3 legislation.
- Best Practices. Coordinate with the National Conference of State Legislators (NCSL) and National Governors Association’s to implement best P3 practices.
- Creative Tax Solutions. Implement innovative solutions on important P3 tax issues, such as preservation of depreciation on toll roads.
- Institutionalized Processes. Institutionalize P3’s to create more concise processes, procedures and documentation to increase deal flow and gain efficiency.
- Informed Decision Making. Advocate for an informed decision making process and stipend recovery program in situations where P3 projects are cancelled.
As an organization we are committed to the quality and integrity of the industry and will work to achieve the best possible results for the industry as a whole. We will periodically review, revise and adjust our initiatives to ensure we are meeting the needs providing a positive impact on American Infrastructure.